Our Partners and Members
GWS is an international platform that articulates local actors and relevant water and sanitation stakeholders in an integrated, participatory and sustainable manner.
Since its establishment in March 2012, GWS has advocated for innovative partnerships and boosted existing decentralized water solidarities. It has become a partners’ platform for knowledge exchange, transfer of competencies and matching of financial and technical resources specialized in decentralised water cooperation.
Founding Members of the GWS
- Basque Water Agency
- BothEnds French
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- International Office of Water
- International Secretariat for Water (ISW)
- Le Syndicat des Eaux de l’Ile de France (SEDIF)
- Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP)
- Sahara and Sahel Observatory
- Service Intercommunal de Gestion (SIGE)
- Solidarit’eau Suisse
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- United Cities and Local Governments (CGLU)
- United Nations capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Water and Sanitation for Africa (WSA)
- Water Right Foundation
Beginning with 20 founding members, GWS works today with over 100 partners and members, including local, regional and national authorities, international and multilateral organizations, water operators, NGOs, and private organizations. Our Members share the commitment towards the establishment, development and scaling up of innovative Decentralized Water Solidarity for universal access to safe water and sanitation.
GWS is an opportunity to help meet the challenges of access to water and sanitation, by providing solid, viable, practical and results-oriented solutions, proposed by expert partners who integrate the international platform.